Saturday, August 28, 2010

What's that SMELL?!

It's the durian, of course.  Having never heard of durian before moving to SE Asia, I was surprised to see it everywhere when I got here.  I was even more surprised to smell it everywhere.  It reeks.  It stinks of overly sweetness, like rot.  I think it has the aroma of a dead animal covered in birthday cake icing.  I mean, it's bad.  Naturally, I concluded that I must try it!

Spiky funky fruit
photo from www.timwu.org
We obtained some from a grocery store within walking distance- in Singapore, the stuff's been banned from public transport because of its stench.

Did it taste good?  You be the judge.


The real question is, would you rather eat one or be beaned in the head with one? As for me, I'd sooner take a blow to the head than another bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment